Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Shuttle Legs


For all you rowers out there, I'm sure you're familiar with jumpies.  Jumpies are a classic rower exercise that entails starting from a squat, jumping straight up into the air, and repeating...again and again and again. Well, here at Lake Samish to make our legs stronger we use a machine called the Shuttle (generously donated by Shuttle Systems - my legs don't thank you at the moment, but the rest of me does!).  Using the Shuttle is similar to doing jumpies, but in the same direction as you would push with your legs in the boat, and with resistance and rhythm. Ouch.  Since training here, I have started using a new phrase:  "Shuttle Legs."  All I can say, is that this house is incredible, but there are a lot of stairs. :)
Shuttle, I will appreciate you so much when we're on the medal stand, but tonight, I must just say "Ouch!"

No comments:

Post a Comment